Saturday, October 20, 2012

A first time for everything..

In life there are many 'firsts' - a first birthday, first day of school, first kiss, first hangover, first 'real' job, first health scare, first house, first love, first loss.  Today is my FIRST blog.  Ever. And, just like every other first, it is intimidating, exciting, a bit uncomfortable and after it happens I'll probably think of a million things I should have, could have, would have done differently.

I have been inspired to blog by two wonderful (and crazy) women I met one night over dinner with friends at my favorite Mexican restaurant, 'The Ranch'.  Keep this in mind. 'The Ranch' will come up again. Likely on a Thursday. It's a tradition. Maybe that's why my jeans are tight. Anyway, both women are bloggers and have quite a following.  I shared a few of my stories over fajitas and enchiladas and talked about how I am a little narcissistic and they said sign up, join the fun. 

I looked at blog options that night stuffed from my Mexican fiesta. But just couldn't take the leap into the land of blog. Perhaps it was a Mexican coma.  Or, just a lack of adventure.  But I did not take that first step.

A few months later one of the women was in town again, visiting her daughter, one of my good friends.  We talked more about it over dinner.  We like to eat.  Although this time it was Italian. Yum. And again she was talking to me about blogging.  What really had me hooked is that she was headed to our fancy mall the next day to buy herself a new Louis Vuitton with her blog money.  Now, that's what I am talking about. Granted, I am nowhere near Louis status in the blog world.  I am starting out..it's like buying your first designer handbag at Coach.  Very exciting, but not Louis exciting. Maybe my blog will get there one day.  Today, I am just going to enjoy my first post and maybe I'll find that Coach handbag and appreciate it for what it was..my first.




No comments:

Post a Comment