Friday, November 9, 2012

Who do you think you are, Kim Kardashian?

Since I was writing about ending my last relationship the other day I started thinking about The BreakUp.

One of my favorite comments he threw at me:  "Who do you think you are, Kim Kardashian"?

Really?  Kim Kardashian?  Did he really say that? We don't look alike.  At all. Except that I have a generously sized derriere. That we have in common.

I am laughing just thinking about it. "Who do you think you are, Kim Kardashian"? Howling, in fact. Tears in eyes laughing. That is absurd.

I think I had actually forgotten about this gem of a moment until Halloween when I wrote about The BreakUp in the exceptionally funny post Ruby Red Lipstick: Anniversary Edition. Yes, I sometimes think I am funny.  I laugh at my own blogs.  Narcissistic, I know.

I love Kim K.  She makes me laugh.  She is glamorous and ridiculous and keeping up with her makes for great DVR.  Her family is amazing!  I laugh out loud at their antics and dysFUNction!  As much as I enjoy their shows and the entire Kardashian - Jenner family, I have no idea why on earth he thought that I thought that I was Kim Kardashian.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hollywoodbranded/7093948873/
CC BY Holywood Branded, Inc.
And, know that when I say dysFUNction it is with complete love and adoration.  My father always said that our family puts the FUN in dysfunctional.  Total term of endearment. My love to the Kardashian-Jenners.  They add the FUN too.

Anyway, around that same time last year, Kim decided to end her relationship with Kris Humphries (Hump to you Kardash fans). In fact, I do believe her divorce filing was on October 31st of Twenty-Eleven.  The same day of The BreakUp.  Google confirmed. 

Apparently my ex was keenly aware of this and felt that me ending my bad relationship on Halloween was akin to Kim ending hers.  I didn't understand the comparison then and I don't understand it now.

Regardless, here's to you Kim Kardashian!  It seems that you are much happier one year later.  Me too!

4 comments:

  1. Love this friend! One of my high school boyfriends broke up with me because he said I acted like one of the girls from Clueless. I was completely flattered!

    Cher & Kim K Forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Clueless!! One of my favorite movies from the college era.. And, he thought that was an insult? As if.

      Thanks for reading, friend!

      Delete
  2. Hey Liz, good grief, I didn't know you started your blog!!! Good for you, it's great! Now as for Kimmie, how come the rest of us with big butts don't get all that notoriety? could it be that you have to have the "face" to go along with the backside? hmmmm?
    glad to see you on the www! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been fun!!

      Yes, sweet Kim K. It really made her famous. That hasn't happened for me. Sir Mix-A-Lot's song, Baby Got Back, refers to this exact phenomenon.. "L.A. face with an Oakland booty". This could be a blog post in and of itself.

      Cheers and thanks for reading!

      Delete