Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ghetto Phone

Last weekend, I was texting while walking and had an incident with the sidewalk grate.  You know the grates I am talking about..the city planner trys to make the sidewalk pretty so they add trees and grates to hold the trees.  But, this makes it harder for people to walk.   And, when you are walking you have to duck to dodge tree branches every 6 feet to avoid getting smacked in your pretty face.  I love urban beautification but sometimes it's annoying.  Like last Saturday night. 

Anyway, so I am texting, dodging branches, my Stuart Weitzman heel slips into the grate and I drop my phone on the ground.  And, when I picked it up, the screen had shattered.  Major shattered.  Ugh!

This was bound to happen sooner or later.  I drop my phone all of the time.  Like daily.  When I get out of the car. When texting. When answering calls.  When trying to put it back in my bag. When taking it out of my bag.  Butterfingers.

I used to have that problem in basketball with the ball.  Maybe that's why I quit playing after junior high.  Oh well, I liked cheerleading and drinking wine coolers better.  Sorry mom.

So, the phone face is way shattered.  But it still works.  I can text, talk, facebook, tweet, check email, obsess over pinterest, blog.
All good.

So, the $100 question was do I pay to have the screen repaired or hold out for my January upgrade?  Rumor has it that you can put a screen protector on the phone and still use it without the risk of finding splintered glass in your finger. Your phone just looks ghetto.  Do I care if I have a ghetto phone?  I don't know?  It works.  But, I am a bit superficial. Shocking, I know.

So brilliance descended upon me.  I'll call Verizon and beg and plead for an early upgrade.  I was ready with the story about how my ex and I had a Family Plan.  It was in his name but we broke up so I had to assume liability and I've really had this phone for 2.5 years so I should have been due for the upgrade months ago... Blah, blah, blah.  I shared my sob story hoping it would work. 

And, I won!!!

Verizon agreed to send me a new iPhone 5 now!  I don't have to wait until January!! I get this brand new piece of glory shortly!!    I am so impatient so this is great! 

What? I have to wait until they are back in stock November 16th. No!  I have to pay a $30 upgrade charge? Seriously?  I have to change my plan?  Really Verizon?  And, I have to use the ghetto phone for two more weeks.  Ugh!  I am so impatient so this is going to really stink.  Wwwwaaaahhhh

I'll just count down the days until November 16th.  Only 15 to go.  Probably 17 until I get the new phone. 

Keep Calm & Text On





No comments:

Post a Comment