Saturday, November 3, 2012

one of those days

I am cranky.

I was supposed to have dinner with a friend and I graciously turned down the invitation when I realized it was going to be just one of those days.

My afternoon hasn't helped. In fact it's made it worse.

I opened the front door and was overwhelmed with a smell.  A smell that you know immediately.  It's the smell of dog poop.

Sam was in his kennel.  I had been running around this morning.  I checked the spot that he occasionally mistakes for the backyard. Thinking perhaps he snuck in a potty break before I left.  No poop.

I walked into the room where his kennel sits.  Poop.  Everywhere around the kennel.  Little black poops.  Poop smeared on the bed in the kennel.  Poop probably on Sam.  And, there he is.  In the corner waiting to be let out of the kennel so he can get away from the poop he put there.

I clean the poop up.  Touch some poop with my hand.  Wash my hands.  5 times.

I go to put some things away and knock a plate off of the counter.  The plate shatters.  I cuss.

I get the broom and dustpan and start sweeping up shards of plate.  There are plate pieces in the kitchen.  Under the shelves.  In Sam's water bowl.  There is plate in the dining room.  Under the table and a few of the chairs.  Plate made its way to where the poop was.

Then I can't find the dustpan.  Anywhere.  I look on every surface.  I look in the hall where the broom lives.  3 times.  I look on each chair. I look on the table, the counter, in the freezer.  At this point who knows.  I walk in circles looking for that darn dustpan.  Where the heck is it?

Tony, Tony turn around.  Something's lost and must be found.




No comments:

Post a Comment