Monday, November 5, 2012

Girlfriends Bible

I committed a Cardinal Sin as listed in the Girlfriends Bible.
During a recent Girls Weekend I invited a guy to come and meet us out. He asked what we were doing. So I told him. And then added in a "Come meet us"!

I never. In a million years. Thought he would do it. Seriously. I totally thought I would call his bluff. He is not my boyfriend. We are not dating. We occasionally talk. And, occasionally text. Occasionally we get together for wine and witty conversation. And, I occasionally have a bit of a crush.

Anyway, he strolled right into the bar and pulled up a chair and spent an hour chatting with us. Bought our drinks. Made us laugh. Smelled good too.

Sorry girls, I know that this is a M A J O R no-no. Inviting a guy to any part of a girls weekend is sacrilegious. It might even be one of the biggest Girlfriend no-no's. Of. All. Time.

This was sacred girls time. Time to talk about girl things. Time to laugh at our pasts and our presents. Time to tell embarrassing stories. Time for emotionally bonding girl behavior. Time to do stuff you can't or don't want to do when male friends, boyfriends, husbands, daters, sons, lovers, whatever are around because it takes away from the girlieness.

Fortunately, I have the coolest, most understanding girlfriends. In. The. World.

To my ladies:
Thank you for letting me flirt during our girls weekend.
Thank you for not judging, condemning or banishing me from the festivities.
Thank you for not laughing out loud when I was batting my fake eyelashes at his cute face.

I shall repent with 3 Hail Mary's. And, one Our Father for good measure.   Amen.




http://www.flickr.com/photos/7174132@N05/4097178708/
CC Jess Pac


No comments:

Post a Comment